Deliciously chewy Anzac Biscuits, made with flaked almonds, coconut and our auzure Canola OIl. Cook for longer if you love your biscuits extra crunchy.
- 1 Cup flaked almonds
- 1½ Cups plain flour
- 1¼ Cups dessicated coconut
- 2 Cups traditional rolled oats
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup auzure Canola Oil
- 4 Tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 Tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut, oats and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Gently heat the auzure canola oil and golden syrup in a saucepan. Don't boil.
- In a small bowl, mix bicarb of soda and boiling water, before adding to the oil and syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to your large bowl of dry ingredients and stir well.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture into hands and roll into small balls, before placing on the baking tray and gently flattening with a fork.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes, until lovely golden brown. If you like your biscuits extra crunchy, cook for a few extra minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and cool biscuits on wire racks. Biscuits will harden as they cool.