AUZURE KALE CHIPS
Kale may not be your everyday crunchy chip of choice - but these homemade chips are well worth your effort making. A great way to get an added punch of natural vitamins A, K and C into your diet. You may be on the fence about kale - but trust us, these are tasty morsels of goodness. You can enjoy them plain, salted, or bursting with your favourite flavours - think soy sauce, umami, sesame, garlic. However you have them, they're sure to be your new go-to bite of choice!
Recipe type: Savoury Delights
- 1 - 2 bunches of kale
- auzure Canola Oil - enough to massage through your chosen amount of kale
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 160 C degrees.
- Line oven tray/s with non stick paper.
- Prepare your kale by washing and drying leaves.
- Cut the leaves off any thicker white stems and snip into chip sized pieces. (We found it easier to use kitchen shears than a knife for this.)
- Place cut kale into a large bowl and pour auzure Canola Oil over the leaves.
- If you wish to add salt or seasoning, add it to the bowl and massage into the leaves.
- Carefully place each kale chip onto the non-stick paper, making sure the leaves don't overlap.
- Cook for 15 - 18 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Regularly check the chips to ensure they don't burn. You'll know when they're cooked as the kale will start to brown on the edges and will be crispy to touch. You can pop back into the oven if you prefer really crispy chips.
- Remove from oven and place the leaves (still on the paper) on a cooling rack, until crispy.