APPLE, SULTANA & OAT MUFFINS
Freeze these healthy and delicious muffins in individual sandwich bags. Pop into lunch boxes frozen and they will defrost in time for morning tea. Perfect!
- 1 ½ cups The Healthy Baker fibre-enriched Plain Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup rolled oats, plus 2 tbsp extra
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- ½ cup sultanas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup auzure Canola Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder, oats, lemon rind, sultanas, cinnamon and apple in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the eggs, buttermilk and auzure Canola Oil together.
- Pour into flour mixture and mix lightly until just combined.
- Spoon batter into the paper cases and sprinkle with extra oats.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.