AUZURE APPLE CAKE
Apple and cinnamon is a match made in heaven. The delicious blend in our melt-in-your mouth cake is an instant winner. auzure Canola Oil ensures this cake is so beautifully light and lower in saturated fat than others made using butter. Winning all round really!
Recipe type: Sweet Delights
Serves: 1 medium cake or 12 cupcakes
- 1 Cup (125g) Healthy Baker self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons groudn cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ⅔ Cup (160mL) auzure Canola Oil
- ¼ Cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ Cup (90g) honey
- 3 medium apples (approx. 250g)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line a small to medium cake tin.
- Peel and dice the apples, then mix through the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Sift flour, remaining teaspoon of cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda into a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the auzure Canola Oil, honey, caster sugar and eggs.
- When well combined, pour into sifted flour mixture and stir well.
- Add apple mixture and fold through.
- Bake cake for 55-65 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- If you're making cupcakes, bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely, before icing.
- For icing, beat butter and vanilla until pale and creamy.
- Sift in icing sugar and beat until well combined.
- When cake is completely cool, you can cut in half to sandwich together with icing, or just ice, decorate with a sprinkle of cinnamon, some dried apple chips or a drizzle of honey.