BUTTERMILK PANCAKES WITH BERRIES
The ultimate breakfast.
- 1 ½ cups The Healthy Baker Plain Flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsps auzure Canola Oil
- 250g fresh or frozen and thawed berries and honey or maple syrup to serve
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl and stir in sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and buttermilk until combined. Add to flour and mix until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Mix ¼ of the egg whites through the batter, then gently fold in remaining egg white.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat then add auzure Canola Oil. Drop about 2 tbps of batter onto the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until underside is golden.
- Turn pancake over, cook other side. Keep warm while cooking remaining pancakes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, greasing the pan with auzure Canola Oil when necessary.
- Top with berries and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.