CHIA ORANGE PANCAKES WITH HONEYED RICOTTA
This healthy, citrus pancake recipe is perfect for weekend breakfasts. Such a special treat for your family!
- 1 cup The Healthy Baker fibre-enriched Self Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp orange rind, finely grated
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp auzure Canola Oil
- strawberries and orange segments to serve
- Combine flour, chia seeds, orange rind and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk egg and milk in a jug until combined. Whisk into flour mixture until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta and honey in a small bowl.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 tsps of auzure Canola Oil.
- Pour in 2-3 tbps of batter to make a crepe and swirl mixture to evenly cover the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Top pancakes with honeyed ricotta, strawberries and orange segments. Enjoy!