DATE & APRICOT COOKIES
These cookies are a favourite snack time treat made with auzure Canola Oil. The apricot twist makes them hard to resist.
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup auzure Canola Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups The Healthy Baker beta-glucan Plain Flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup caster sugar, extra
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place sugar, auzure Canola Oil, egg and egg yolk in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and stir. Fold in dates, apricots and walnuts.
- Roll heaped tbsps of mixture into 20 balls. Place balls, 3cm apart, on prepared trays and flatten slightly. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Combine extra sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Toss warm cookies in the cinnamon sugar.
- Cool on a wire rack.