FAMILY CHOCOLATE CAKE
This is one of the easiest recipes ever. It is basically a melt and mix job. Perfect for lunch boxes or afternoon tea. It’s beautiful served with seasonal berries.
- 1 ½ cups (225g) The Healthy Baker Self Raising Flour
- 1 ½ cups (280g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 110mL auzure Canola Oil
- 200g tub natural yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 200ml milk
- 1 tbsp icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Lightly spray a 22cm cake tin with canola oil and line with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk in auzure Canola Oil, yoghurt, egg and milk until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon into the prepared tin. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until risen and cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the tin and turn out onto a wire rack to cool further. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Tip: Measure the milk using the yoghurt tub. It is the same quantity.