HOMEMADE MUESLI BARS
A healthy take on store bought muesli bars that you can adapt to your liking! Bursting with your favourite nuts, seeds and dried fruit, as well as rolled oats and coconut, these homemade bars are the perfect combination of soft and chewy in the middle with a delectable crunch that will have you going back for more!
- ¾ C auzure Canola Oil
- ½ C honey
- ¾ C nut butter (peanut or almond work brilliantly)
- ⅔ C brown sugar
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t vanilla essence
- 1⅔ c rolled oats (we used traditional rolled oats)
- ¾ C desiccated coconut
- 1 C mixed nuts (hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds, cashews)
- ½ - ¾ C mixed dried fruit (apricots, dates, prunes, sultanas, currants)
- ½ C chocolate chips or cacao nibs (if you omit the chocolate, simply add extra dried fruit or nuts)
- ½ C almond flour (may need more to help bind mixture)
- Preheat fan forced oven to 160 degrees C.
- Line a slice or lamington tray with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, gently stir the auzure Canola Oil, honey and nut butter of your choice until melted.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence to the saucepan and combine well.
- In a large bowl, mix rolled oats, coconut, your choice of nuts and fruit and chcoclate (if using). Once combined, slowly tip the oil and sugar mixture into the bowl and combine well.
- Press the mixture into the baking tray, ensuring it is spread evenly over the entire tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the slice is golden brown. Depending on your oven, you may need to bake for an extra 5 - 10 minutes
- Cool in tray and once cool, slice into bars.