Delicious mushrooms marinated in 100% Australian auzure Canola Oil. The perfect addition to your next antipasto platter!
Recipe type: Savoury
- ⅔ Cup (150ml) auzure Canola oil
- ½ Cup (125ml) water
- 2 medium sized lemons (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5g (7 sprigs) fresh thyme (savoury)
- 200-250g fresh mushrooms (roughly 15), we used button mushrooms but feel free to try your favourite variety. (Give them a quick wipe over with a towel to remove any dirt)
- In a medium saucepan combine the auzure Canola Oil and water.
- If your lemon are store bought, give the skins a quick scrub and dry. Squeeze the lemons, strain and add the juice (roughly ¼ cup) and the skins to the saucepan.
- Add peppercorns, salt, crushed garlic cloves and thyme sprigs and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the lemon skins and thyme sprigs and add mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (especially if mushrooms are not covered with liquid).
- Pour mushrooms and marinade into a clean jar or container and cool, then refrigerate for at least 48 hours.
- Will keep in the fridge for two to three weeks.
- Perfect for an antipasto or grazing platter or tossed through a green salad.