MRS MAC SMITH'S SIGNATURE GINGER BREAD
The adored mother of our Directors, Mrs Marianne Mac Smith, is a regular visitor at our presses. She arrives with her hands full of delicious home baked goodies, including this much loved signature cake which never lasts long! Mrs Mac Smith's Ginger Bread is a handy recipe to have tucked in your back pocket for when you need a quick and easy to whip up treat for an afternoon tea, dessert or a picnic. Guaranteed to please your favourite crowd!
Recipe type: Cake
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 C Healthy Baker self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ¼ C auzure Canola Oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 C milk
- 1 C Golden Syrup
- Heat your oven to 180 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add eggs and milk to dry mixture and stir.
- Bring auzure Canola Oil and golden syrup to the boil in a small saucepan, before mixing into the batter.
- Pour into a loaf tin, lined with baking paper.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in tin, before turning out.