PARMESAN VEAL SCHNITZEL
A quick and easy family favourite.
- ⅓ cup The Healthy Baker Plain Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup strong flavoured Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsps parsley, finely chopped
- 8 small veal schnitzels (about 550g)
- auzure Canola Oil
- lemon wedges
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a large plate.
- Place eggs into a shallow bowl and beat with a fork until combined.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley on a separate large plate.
- Line 2 large oven trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Coat a piece of veal in flour, then egg (drain away any excess egg coating) and lastly in breadcrumb mixture, pressing with fingertips to adhere coating. Place on one of the prepared trays.
- Repeat with remaining veal. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 120ºC.
- Pour enough auzure Canola Oil into a large frying pan to fill to about 5mm depth. Heat over a medium-high heat. When the auzure Canola Oil is hot, fry the schnitzel in batches for about 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel, then place on the other prepared oven tray and keep warm in the oven while frying remaining schnitzel.
- Serve with lemon wedges and salad.