RICOTTA & ZUCCHINI HOTCAKES
Lovely for breakfast, brunch or lunch. Omit the bacon for vegetarians and replace with some grilled halloumi cheese.
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 250g bacon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup The Healthy Baker Fibre-Enriched Plain Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp auzure Canola Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place mushrooms and bacon on prepared tray and drizzle bacon with maple syrup.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and bacon golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, grate zucchini into a large bowl and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Add ricotta, milk and eggs and beat together using a fork. Fold in the flour and baking powder. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of auzure Canola Oil
- Drop in 2 tbsps of batter to make a hotcake and cook 4 hotcakes at a time in the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining hotcakes.
- Serve with mushrooms and maple bacon.