PUMPKIN & SESAME SEED CHEESE LOAF
You may like to put slices of this loaf into your children's lunch boxes. It freezes well and is also fantastic toasted.
- 2 cups The Healthy Baker Fibre-Enriched Self Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sumac (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup auzure Canola Oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 250g raw pumpkin, grated
- 120g Parmesan, grated
- 25g Parmesan, grated, extra
- 4 x sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly apply auzure Canola Oil to a loaf tin (22cm x 11cm x 5cm) and line with baking paper.
- Combine flour, poppy seeds, sumac, chilli flakes, sumac (if using), sea salt and thyme in a large bowl.
- Lightly beat oil, eggs and milk in a medium bowl. Fold into flour mixture along with the pumpkin and cheese. Spoon into prepared tin.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and thyme sprigs. Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.